Diary of a Teacher

Apparently I'm the only person born in the 90's with a social media profile who doesn't currently have a blog... so this is my attempt at changing that.
After three years of teacher training involving grueling placements, completing my degree, multiple breakdowns and a strong ratio of 50% blood to 50% tea running through my veins, here I am. 
Two weeks away from standing in front of 31 children and 3 TAs (yes - I will need them all) and trying not to cry, swear or run out the door. 
Everywhere I look on social media there are these perfect teachers who dedicate every second of their personal life to creating these wonderful crafts and designing their own schemes of work. Yet I struggled to find one which documents the 'true' side of being an NQT in London, fresh out of uni and absolutely terrified. So there sparked my 'great idea' to begin the 'Diary of a Teacher' instagram account documenting my honest journey through this first year and beyond, all of the hilarous moments and all of the times I want to hide in the cupboard and cry until they go home. 

I really hope I can provide some sort of entertainment to teachers around the country and beyond, and maybe even provide a familiar viewpoint. Because let's be honest. We are not perfect. We are not meant to me. We are humans, helping other smaller humans, to become who they want to be.

And no one said that was easy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Success Guilt' is a real thing - but that doesn't mean its OK.

Expect the unxpected

Time Flies When You're ... Busy